Dear Readers, a security update

Dear Readers,

I know that it has been some time since I have updated SOTSOGM, and that some of you may be concerned about my welfare, especially in light of the current state of national emergency.

Rest assured, I am safe.  My wife and I have food and shelter, the Elf-Cat is his usual self, friends and family are also safe (at least as far as we have been able to ascertain).  We have electricity and communications, the home liquor shelf is well-stocked, there is plenty of toilet paper in the bathroom cupboard. 

I have more than a half-tank of gas in the Bug but believe I can still fill the tank (I haven't observed any local shortages or price-gouging or lines); I should probably ask Kat if she has enough gasoline in case this crisis at the border continues.

We have food in the refrigerator.  The plumbing is still working, though who can say for how long?  I should probably make sure we have some kind of potable water set aside in case things get worse.

The courthouse and my office remain open during the crisis, and we have not been informed of any closures.  Nor have I received any state government alerts.  There is the possibility, of course, that communications lines are jammed up, that the local government has collapsed due to the state of national emergency that has been declared this morning.  Reassuringly, I haven't heard any rioters on the street--it's possible, of course, that there has been some sort of curfew announcement I have missed.

I have been keenly searching the skies for signs of North Korean rocketships, but the skies are clear.  I wonder if they have some sort of stealth technology?  It may be that their range is limited, or their patrol routes are confined to the skies above Japan.  But it does make me wonder: how high must this wall be to preserve our borders from the menace of these DPRK vessels?  Will any amount of money ever be enough if they can simply fly higher and higher?  Should we perhaps, then, be investing in some kind of dome?

I admit I am frightened, but strong.  I must stay brave for my household, I know.  Be well out there.  Be well and brave and strong in this time of fear and uncertainty and Korean rocketeers.


All my best to you,
- Eric

Comments

Popular Posts