Please comment!

This is what happens when you have to work. You leave your blog unattended, and things just happen to it, and you don't find out until you get a PM from Michelle that leads to checking your e-mail and discovering Michelle and Janiece couldn't leave messages--

In the words of one of my favorite movie characters: "It's not my fault!"

And it isn't, really. No, it's not that Chewie didn't have time to repair the hyperdrive or that I insisted on flying into an asteroid field despite the approximately 3,720 to 1 odds against. (I told you not to tell me the odds!) It's because Blogspot helpfully added a new feature to comments that, although it looks cool, apparently breaks "a heavily-customized Layouts template," as they put it. Which, Giant Midgets is, using a customized version of a very nice design by InfoCreek.

Apparently Blogspot did this yesterday, and I'm not faulting 'em--hey, it is a free (as in beer) service, and a pretty awesome one--but it might have been nice if it had been an opt-in function, since some folks apparently tried to comment and were denied. So, anyway, I changed it back to the old function, and it should work and you should be able to leave comments now.

Sorry 'bout that, and now back to your regularly-scheduled programming.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Comment, comment, comment...

Well, you said nothing about the comment having to possess substance.
mattw said…
Randy Newman is the second coming of the Christ. We should all listen to his simple message of peace and brotherhood.
Eric said…
Matt, you remind me of a little known fact: Jesus also hated short people, and not "ironically." Midgets? Terrified him. He would have hated this blog for the title alone.

It's right there in the Bible. Look it up.
I commented! Now where is me entertainment? I was told there would be entertainment! Where are the dancing girls? Where are the free drinks? WHERE IS THE CHOCOLATE?!!
Eric said…
Sorry, the girls quit when I didn't pay them and we're out of chocolate, but I do have this exotic Dancing Monkey. Dance, Monkey, dance!

::Dancing Monkey obediently does Monkey Dance, but is 1/4 step off the beat::

Bad monkey!

One second...

::squealing, sound of things upended, an abrupt gunshot::

Sorry about that. As I was saying, we don't have any chocolate. But I could roast you a nice plate of monk--chicken. Yes, chicken. Served with a complimentary little monkey hat as a souvenir to remember your visit.

Just give me a few minutes to clean and dress my monkey and we'll have it out to you chop chop!
Sorry. Monkey brains are simply not a substitute for chocolate.
Eric said…
Oh, that's alright, he wasn't an especially smart monkey.
So you admit you're trying to serve me substandard monkey brains?!

And don't give me that line about "they haven't been used much" brains aren't like horses and cattle. Brains are much better if they've had a lifetime of being ridden hard and put up wet.
MWT said…
...

I'm pretty sure the comment thread went askew somewhere along the way. o.O
Define "askew", I mean, isn't this what you expected? ;)
vince said…
I'm sorry, I'm really not authorized to comment on that.
It's OK. You can tell me. I know the secret handshake.
Pardon me, but...

(HAPPY DANCE)

(HAPPY DANCE)

(HAPPY DANCE)
Eric said…
Wait, is the secret handshake three up, two sideways, thumb-wrestle, one down, fist bump, crossover, hug, or did we decide to do that crossover after the two sideways and thumb-wrestle after the hug?

Is there a special reason for the happy dance, Michelle, or did you just feel like dancing? Either one is fine, but if there's a reason for it, do tell. Is it that it's Fake Virginian Independence Day, and you're showing your solidarity with the Fake Virginians? Did you somehow psychically sense that my buddy Nate's short film "Antibody" made the five final films in the Romero contest and looks pretty strong against at least three of his four rivals? Did you find a shiny penny between two cushions?

Or, seriously, share the news if it's news! Otherwise, you know, feel free to keep dancing. Dancing is fun. Well, happy dancing. Some kind of weird artsy avant-garde dance where you just stand in one place and say your creative dance is an expression of the fundamental sorrow that all things must one day die really shouldn't be put up with. You wouldn't do that to us, would you?
Sorry Eric,

It's just that WVU had a GREAT game last night!

Pat White is back in form (and I have to say kudos to Coach Stewart for benching him after a concussion), Noel Devine is really looking good, and we hardly had any penalties!

AWESOME GAME!

Now all I need is for Michigan to lose!
Eric said…
Hey, I'm not a sports fan, but this seems like as good a place to do a happy dance as anywhere, so go for it!
It's not really a sports thing.

It's a West (but God) Virginia thing.
Anonymous said…
West (but God) Virginia? Or West (by God) Virginia? I was actually thinking it was more West (Oh God!) Virginia. ;)
oops. Someone can't type, and that someone would be me.

And it's more along the lines of "Oh God oh God we're all gonna die"

Popular Posts