A vocabulary test

Let me just pose a simple, obvious question in two parts; two questions, really, but they are opposite sides of the same coin and I think you might be able to respond with one answer.

First, do you think it would have been more appropriate if Donald Trump had said to Billy Bush:

I approached a woman and tried to initiate intimate sexual relations with her.  I took her furniture shopping and then attempted to get her to perform the act of coitus with me, but she was married and I was unable to pressure her into knowing me in the Biblical sense.  Later, I saw her and she had undergone breast augmentation surgery, which is relevant to this anecdote.

The actress who just entered the room is very attractive and I should use some brand of breath freshener in case I walk over and put my mouth on her mouth without asking or having any kind of ongoing, existing relationship where spontaneous, unsolicited intimate contacts are received romantically.  I do not hesitate to touch that woman in personal, physically intimate ways, because when you are rich and powerful, women will not say, "No."  You can even extend your hand attempting to make physical contact with their genitalia, you can do anything.

Wait, there's more.  Second, do you think there would be as much criticism, very much criticism at all, had Donald Trump said:

Women are fucking amazing.  When my son was born, his head was the size of a goddamn bowling ball and my wife pushed it right through her pussy and, my hand to God, I shit you not, she was up and doing light aerobics in her hospital room three, four days later.  Whereas I, on the other hand, was once laid up for four fucking weeks because I had a kidney stone smaller than my pinkie fingernail get stuck in my cock because I wasn't drinking enough fucking water or something.  I cried for days like a goddamn baby over a little bitty rock in my dick and she pushed a ten pound kid through her twat and basically walked it off like she was Wonder Woman or something.  Seriously, I don't know how the hell chicks do it, girls are just tough, just really fucking amazing.

Sure, okay, a few moral scolds wagging their fingers over all the "un-Presidential" language (I guess nobody's listened to the LBJ or Nixon Oval Office tapes), and I purposefully chose "girls" and "chicks" in my hypothetical knowing those words applied to adult women annoy some people, but d'ya think there'd be the outrage?
 
Let me just ask--okay, so it's a third question, or a third part, I changed it up somewhere between the first paragraph and this one, sue me--let me ask, do you really think vulgarity is the fucking problem with the Trump tape?







Comments

Warner said…
The vulgar language doesn't help, but the thoughts are in and of themselves vulgar. As far as I know any woman I've had that level of intimacy with is still speaking to me. Although I haven't seen most in 35+ years.
LucyInDisguise said…
Actually, I do not believe in the term 'vulgar' as it relates to language anymore.

Too many people and seen Die Hard too many multiple times. If any one was truly offended by that type of language, almost every movie since 1980 would have been a box office disaster.

As Warner so aptly pointed out, the context of the thoughts are what really matter.

There is the word 'fuck', which nearly everyone uses freely in nearly every context.

Then there is the concept of 'fuck', which nearly everyone tries (we would hope) to avoid.

One is seriously less humanly acceptable than the other, in my humble, if somewhat vulgar opinion.

Lucy

Popular Posts