Public Image, Ltd., Beyonce, Fleetwood Mac; "Flowers Of Romash" (mashup by Antennae)


The other day a friend--clearly not understanding the magnitude of his error--expressed what appeared to be a preference for Christine McVie over Stevie Nicks.  This is clearly wrong, of course.  Christine McVie is a perfectly cromulent songstress and I do appreciate her in small doses, her treacliness notwithstanding.  But Stevie--Stevie is divine.

I know, I know--how can someone be wrong about a matter of taste?  Well.  They are.

But so: he went on to say he found Stevie Nicks' voice grating (another mistake, obviously).  This led me to wonder, impishly, if there had ever been a situation in which one John Lydon had ever been caught singing a Fleetwood Mac song, which seemed improbable but worth checking out (Sid Vicious did do a rendition of "My Way", of course), and while I failed to find something I could post to my friend's wall with a snarky, "Try this", I did, nevertheless, rediscover again just how awesome the Internet is.  No, no Johnny Rotten channeling Christine McVie, but, yes, a mashup of Public Image, Ltd. (Lydon's lifelong post-Sex Pistols project, if you didn't know), Beyonce, and the Mac.  PiL's "Flowers Of Romance", Beyonce's "Crazy In Love" and Fleetwood Mac's "The Chain"--adding up to pure badassnessery.

We'll forgive my friend's obvious yet unfathomable mistake, then.  He did bring me here.



Comments

Megan said…
I don't know how anyone could ever prefer Christine McVie.

Of course, I have a not-so-secret crush on Lindsey Buckingham.

Popular Posts