Wild Bell, "Keep You"






Can't. Get. Out. Of...

...

...My head!

It's an alright song. I'm not running out to marry it or anything. Sorry. But it is catchy, an earworm, something I keep cranking up in the car at the same time I find myself thinking maybe Sirius XMU has played it maybe one or two times too many.

I'm not trying to knock the band. At all. They were on Sirius XMU Sessions this past week and seemed like really nice, cool people. And it's a decent song. I'm not quite sure, in fact, where my hesitation comes from, seeing as how I not only keep it tuned when they come on the radio, but I crank it up; and then I post it here to infect you people with it if you haven't already come down with it.

Okay, I might end up marrying it. You know, for convenience, not so much for romance. Maybe.


Comments

Earworms?!? You think you've got or can give me earworms? HAH! Whilst out picking blueberries this afternoon, minding my own business and daydreaming of the life of riches and leisure for which I was meant, for no discernable reason I got:

"Branded!
Duh, duh, duh, duh, duh, dahhh!
What do you do when you're branded
And you know you're a man?"

Over and over and over and over the refrain repeated. I would have worried that it was some sort of hideous subconscious Freudian message if I wasn't so secure in my sexuality. Isn't Chuck Connors long dead? I know the series is.

And then, much, much worse than all that, thinking of Chuck Connors got me thinking about Chuck Norris, which led me to thinking about a conversation I had with a guy I worked with at Dow who said that he considered Chuck Norris's TV shows good entertainment for his kids because of the wholesome, "good guys win" message they conveyed. This was a guy I liked in general and, I hate to say it, I could kinda see his point.

See now why I'm not blogging much?

PS - although I feel bad for Kat, let me be the first to congratulate you on your possible new marriage, maybe.

Popular Posts