Quote of the day--the only Obama endorsement you need edition

Listen, when I voted for him, I knew I was voting for a moderate. His politics are not my politics, but he's a hell of a lot closer to me than any of the others, so I'm vehemently behind him. I desperately want him to win. Has he disappointed me? Of course he's disappointed me. Do I think he's rather inept politically? Yes. I think he could've out-maneuvered those right-wingers. But he had this knighted notion that he could somehow bring everyone together, and he didn’t know that he was dealing with insane people. I think of the right-wing Republicans as jihadists; they’re as crazy as those people. They want to destroy the country that we want to save. And you know they're not doing it with machine guns and bombs, but they're doing it by electing insane people to enact insane legislation that is going to do as much damage to us as bombs would in the long run. So that's my position. I'm for Obama, I wish he were different, but I know that, under the circumstances, he can't be different. Anybody farther to the left would never have a chance of winning.
- Paul Auster, as quoted by David Daley;
"Paul Auster: 'I think of the right-wing Republicans as jihadists', Salon, August 19th, 2012.


Quoted for truth. I don't know Auster's work, but it's an interesting interview, and that comment is perhaps even more to the point than Joe Biden's not-completely-inaccurate comment about Republicans putting people back in chains. The GOP's right wing wants to return the United States to the Gilded Age; it's as if they don't realize that the Age ended with the country almost tearing itself to pieces all over again. And there are more than a few supporters of the GOP's right wing who want to return the country to 1860, a year before the country did in fact tear itself to pieces over a four-year period.

If that's not destroying the country, gods only know what is.


Comments

Anonymous said…


i am from Egypt, i was dating a girl for over 3 months, everything was going fine till we went for picnic, there she met with her ex, through t out the week we spent there, i never new he was seeing her ex, when we came back her behavior change totally, i began to see strange changes in her, she began to find fault in every means to split up from me in other to get back with her ex, so one very morning we had a conflict and she told me that she is no longer interested in our relationship any more, that she is tired, she packed and left me after 3 weeks i saw her with her ex, i became so angry, i broke down in tears, i felt like killing myself because all what we had was like a dream, i loved her so much and needed her back into my life so i went into serious searched in the net for relationship advise there i mistakenly came across some testimony about a spell caster prophetharry@ymail.com how has helped many people get back there lover so i contacted him and to my surprise prophet harry casted a spell and the next 3 days, my lover came knocking on my door telling me that she is sorry for what she did, that she wants me back and that she wants to be with me and no other person but me, in my whole entire life i have never seen such like this spell, i never new spell can bring back my lover in 3 days, if i knew i would have done it long time ago before going through this heart break, big thanks to prophet harry
kaylalee
Eric said…
I should probably delete your spam, but I'm afraid of getting turned into a newt. And they have rough lives, what with all the alimony and late-night comedians putting on fat suits and mop wigs to do imitations.
TimBo said…
So will Prophet Harry cast a spell to bring Republican's love for America back?

Popular Posts