Vangelis, "One More Kiss, Dear"




Oh, what the hell. Earlier this week, Steve pointed out in the comments that I'd somehow mentioned Blade Runner in three different posts. Well, fuck it, we'll go for four. The end titles or "Blade Runner Blues" would be obvious choices, so we'll skip them for the oddest and least Vangelis-ey of Vangelis' compositions for the film, "One More Kiss, Dear". I'll be damned if I can ever remember what scene it actually appears in. I do like the song, though it's an odd one, at least in context.

I feel like you put me up to this, Steve.

Have a good weekend, everybody!


Comments

Steve Buchheit said…
It's not like I held a gun to your head or anything. And, damnit, now I need to pull out by Blade Runner DVD instead of dealing with the kipple. (I felt compelled to use that word as one of the captcha words was "obscure").
Eric said…
I still feel "kipple" should have entered the wider English language. It is such a perfect word.
Mato34 said…
Hi there! I think it appears in the scene in which Deckard kills replicant played by Joanna Cassidy (first replicant dead). Then Deckard buys a bottle of liquor in a stand in the street, and there the seller has this song on his radio/player.

Saludos!
Eric said…
Thanks, Mato34! I'll have to fire up the DVD player and play closer attention to that scene.

Popular Posts