Pink Floyd, "Seamus"






I have to be honest and say I kind of have a headache right now and can't think of anything to write. So let's set you fine folks up today with a nice little tune and a dedication: this one goes out, naturally, to Governor Mitt Romney, a loyal friend of four-legged buddies everywhere.

The best part of being snarky about Romney is that I know he won't comment here. And the reason I know he won't comment here is that Google has started captioning their CAPTCHAs, "Please prove you're not a robot".

Which is sure to stump him.

On a related note, I was listening to NPR this morning, and they were talking about the upcoming Republican primaries in Michigan, and they spoke to this one woman who was waiting at a Romney event and said she had a question for him. And I immediately wondered if what she wanted to ask was:

You're in a desert, walking along in the sand, when all of a sudden you look down and see a tortoise; you reach down and you flip the tortoise over on its back. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping. Why is that?


I mean, that's totally what I'd ask him if I had the chance.




Comments

vince said…
You know, a lot of things now make sense when you put it that way.
Steve Buchheit said…
That makes, what, at least 3 Blade Runner references in a week. Did someone get a special DVD collection for Valentines Day?
Eric said…
No, Steve, but I guess the movie's on the brain this week for whatever reason.

Popular Posts