"Duck Amuck"





I've probably posted this before, but what the hell, it's still one of the great classics of short animation. The ScatterKat and I were watching it again this morning and it seemed like a Saturday morning cartoon sort of day; I don't know how it is where you are, but here it's just kind of chilly and wet and miserable.

It's a woefully indecisive day. Chilly, but not cold; cold, you go out and your cheeks are pricked and your hands are numb but you know there's hot chocolate (spiked or not, as you will) waiting for you inside; chilly, it's just the worst of all temperature worlds, if you know what I mean. It's drizzly, too--not rain, not snow, not even sleet, just indifferently pissy falling... mist. It would be nice if the weather were one thing or another, but it isn't.

Complaining about the weather seems awfully pointless and tired, doesn't it? I apologize. Hot chocolate might be in order anyway, that's the silver lining in this. I hope you have a fine Saturday.


Comments

It's snowing like hell here, and has been since 3 AM. We're likely to get 8 inches.

Luckily, we knew it was coming and got the kids out of school early yuesterday to make our trip to Flushing for holiday supplies while the skies and roads were still clear.

Today is cleaning house. And having fun by letting some people in our mutual circle know I was in Flushing again. Even saw some stuff that was new to me. Again. :D
Eric said…
When the housecleaning's done, it ought to be a good afternoon for hot cocoa and a family movie (at least until--or perhaps after--snowballs, snowforts and snowmen time), don't'cha think?

Stay warm up there.
We may go sledding this afternoon, and the kids are watching news from Taiwan on the big iMac with their mom while I clean the toilets.

I'm afraid I've let the cocoa supplies get dreadfully low - I'll have to rectify that after New Year's. As of now we have an abundance of good take-out from various vendors in Flushing, and a fridge full of food for tomorrow - all of which I can identify!
Steve Buchheit said…
I think "Duck Amuck" was my interdiction to self-referential, meta workings. As such I still live it. "You will sample my... blade?"

Popular Posts