Arcade Fire (featuring Cyndi Lauper), "Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)"





It's been a long and basically unpleasant day. But this brought a smile to my face. How can anyone not love these crazy Canadian kids, and how can anyone not love Cyndi Lauper? Are there moments in the above clip when the wonderful Ms. L. looks like she's a little under-rehearsed? Yeah, but somehow they make her game collaboration with AF even more winning, like she's totally up for a good time jamming with the kids in front of a good crowd. She's totally under-appreciated and under-reckoned as a performer; echoing Régine Chassagne may underutilize her talents--oh, I'd love to have heard Lauper belting a whole verse--but the whole performance is, as I understand the kids say these days, made of win.

Smile. You may have had a crappy day or a great one, but there are moments like the above five-minutes-and-fifty that make everything cool, y'know?


Comments

Janiece said…
You're right. That did make my day better. Thanks.
Nathan said…
I don't know if you saw this when I posted it on FB the other day, but I think this is absolutely wonderful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxG1kimjLNA
Eric said…
Janiece: you're welcome.

Nathan: I missed that, thank you for reposting the link here--it's great.

Popular Posts