Camper Van Beethoeven, "Tusk":






Just something about a weird band doing a cover of a weird song, y'know? You wouldn't necessarily reckon on Camper covering Fleetwood Mac--the latter being a million miles from Camper's usual Americana-rooted skachedelia or whatever you'd like to call it--but "Tusk" is simply a fucked-up song and right up their alley.

Only, as you might suss out from the cover-image in the embedded clip (which isn't exactly the Fleetwood Mac cover: the original cover featured exactly one less jackalope than the Camper version), CVB didn't just cover "Tusk"; they covered the entire album, track-for-track. I'm afraid I haven't heard the whole thing, couldn't tell you if it was any good. One suspects fidelity to the Buckingham numbers and snark towards the McVie tracks, but one could well be wrong.

Meanwhile, the year and my vacation are drawing to a close. It's the 30th of December already, and I have no idea how that happened. A turkey purchased during the post-Thanksgiving poultry markdown has been thawing in my fridge this week and shall be roasted this afternoon/evening. I'll need to run out to the supermarket and get one or two things to make this happen the way I'd like to, and then it's back home to write a bit. Not sure how much posting there will be this weekend with New Year's Eve partying and such. Tuesday, it's back to the office--it seems, happily, like forever since I was there and I can't say I'm eager to get back to the grind, but it pays the mortgage.



Comments

Megan said…
"Tusk" makes me happy.

I bought myself this LP for Christmas. This is because I am insane and prone to making online purchases after too many mojitos. I do not have a turntable.
Eric said…
...

Well.

...

I guess you need to buy a turntable, now.

:)

Popular Posts