The House Of Love, "Beatles And The Stones"

So, a coupla weeks ago, I finally decided that what I needed to do was: I went out to Best Buy and bought a decent set of gaming speakers, and when I brought them home I took a dying-ish netbook that wasn't usable for much else and plugged it into the big-ass Western Digital hard drives holding all the MP3s I hadn't listened to forever and set the whole thing up in the living room so I could finally listen to all that music.

I mean, most of it is stuff I own, in the sense it's bought and paid for. There are, yes, some bootlegs, especially a horde of classic Pink Floyd concerts, that only exist for me as digital files. But a big thing here is that I have a lot of files ripped from my CD collection that I haven't listened to for a while because I didn't have anything to plug the hard drives into, and I hadn't listened to the CDs, either, because the DVD player I play CDs on is upstairs in the media/guest room and I end up spending most of my time downstairs. Seems stupid, I know, but it's the kind of thing that would start making sense once you hung out here for a few days.

But this is all a long way of getting around to the fact I was listening to some 2 Meter Sessies collections I have... I have as files, okay, and let's leave it at that. Okay, possibly I'm a bad person.

Anyway, I'd forgotten how much I liked The House Of Love's "Beatles And The Stones", featured by 2 Meter Sessies as a live acoustic take, and here in a studio version uploaded to the Internet by a fan. Dig.







Comments

Popular Posts