Metric, "Black Sheep"

Maybe it's somehow thematically-linked to yesterday's Garbage post, but here's Metric with "Black Sheep":







It somehow seems both obligatory and completely unnecessary to mention that this is the song given to evil-ex Envy Adams' band, The Clash At Demonhead, in Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, which is one of those unbelievably awesome movies that you can't actually recommend to anyone because the sort of people you'd recommend it to have already seen it or at least have already been meaning to. That was actually the worst thing about seeing that movie with friends in a sparsely-inhabited theatre back when it originally came out: I thought, "Wow, what a great fucking movie, I can't wait to tell people about it," and then I looked to my left and right and realized everybody I'd want to tell about it who would actually get it was sitting in my aisle right at that very moment, possibly thinking the same thing. I wasn't surprised when it was a box-office flop, needless to say, but I'm still tickled they went to the trouble of making it and lavishing some love and money on it when they did.

Metric, meanwhile, was and is made of awesome, and if you're not a fan: well, you ought to be.


Comments

mattw said…
I love that song. It's one of my favorites on the Scott Pilgrm soundtrack. I need to go watch that movie again.

Popular Posts