Moby, The James Bond Theme

In keeping with yesterday's post, here's some more Moby. He's not too fond of the movie he did this for, but it's a cool take on the tune:










Though, looking at the official music video here, there is something a little surreal about the vegan, pacifist Moby fighting ninjas. What's he going to do, use nonlethal force while carroting them into submission. I kid, I kid: I sympathize with at least half of The Bald One's ideologies there, though there's no way I'm going Christian with him. There are worse things that you can be than a lefty vegan Christian pacifist--actually, overall one might even concede that being a lvCp is largely a good thing.

I think I wandered astray. Wasn't the main point supposed to be that this is a badass rendition of a badass piece of movie scoring? There, it is.

Have a great Sunday, y'all.

Comments

Nathan said…
It's a little known fact, but carroting was first suggested by Colonel Nigel Glondek of the British Special Air Service in 1939. The technique didn't see acceptance within the military community until mid-1967 due to concern that it might be seen as a bit "poncey".
Carol Elaine said…
You'd be surprised at how lethal carrots can be. They're vicious little critters.

(Says the lefty vegan Pastafarian pacifist.)

Yes, a nicely badass rendition it is. Those ninjas were attacking Moby, so it was in self defense. And I love me some Pierce Brosnan.

Popular Posts