When being a science-fiction fan impedes comprehension...

So, I'm cleaning out the ol' spam folder when I come across this in a political e-mail:

T. Boone [Pickens] may claim that fracking is safe, but can he prove it?


Sure, sure, sure, I know: they're talking about a controversial fossil fuels extraction procedure.

But that definitely wasn't the the first thing I thought of.

Oh, and to answer the question on Mr. Pickens' behalf: just make sure you take appropriate precautionary measures; have fun, but don't be stupid, 'kay?



Comments

Nathan said…
Last year when I was working up near Woodstock, I kept seeing signs on peoples' lawns for/against fracking in the area and I had the same immediate reaction. Opposing fracking seems fairly shortsighted to me. :D
Sadly, fracking is actually an issue in this area, so I'm overly familiar with the term.

Trade you?
Jim Wright said…
That T. Boone Pickens character irritates the frak out of me.

Popular Posts