SXSW: So, a quick one before bed...

It's almost three a.m. and I just got in. Yoko Ono and the newest incarnation of the Plastic Ono Band took the stage around one and played, I dunno, forty or fifty minutes (a standard SXSW showcase set, plus a nonstandard encore); I hung out a bit afterwards to wait for the door to clear, which turned out to be an awesome decision: Ono and two of her bandmates returned to the stage for an impromptu song. One of those two bandmates, by the way, was a young gentleman named Sean Lennon, so that was especially special. But anyway: this was the end, more-or-less, of SXSW; there are a few final sets tomorrow evening  but it doesn't look like there's anything I want to see, and that's great because I have to be at the airport around five a.m. Monday morning. So I'm just checking in, here. And sorry for any breathlessly dubious formatting: I'm using an app that doesn't like paragraph breaks. Hope you've had a great weekend. Cheers.

Comments

Janiece said…
Eric, you'd probably enjoy Sean's newest project - The Ghost of a Sabre Tooth Tiger. I bought their acoustic sessions album, and I really like it.

Of course, how could you not love an album that contains songs like Shroedinger's Cat and Dark Matter, White Noise?
Eric said…
Thanks, Janiece, I'll have to check that out. I didn't realize that was one of Sean's incarnations. They were, unfortunately, one of the acts I had to miss last night. But they ARE featured on the sampler disc from Sean's new label, Chimera, that was given out at the Yoko interview. Now I'm looking forward to listening to that even more, thank you!

Popular Posts