The Joy Formidable: "Whirring"

I didn't see the Joy Formidable at Mellow Johnny's, where this video was shot; I saw them at the Chop Shop/Atlantic Records party across the street from the Austin Convention Center on Saturday. But they were at least this good, if not better, playing with the same mad exuberance and living up to their name. And they played this song, "Whirring," their first American single, which I'd heard on the satellite radio and was the reason they were on my list of bands to see.




Comments

Steve Buchheit said…
I believe that is the very definition of "rocking out."
Dean Gadda said…
After the inane symbol solo as the lead in it got better. But what do I know, I'm old.
Eric said…
"Inane cymbal solo"? You, my friend, obviously haven't sampled the pleasures of "The Grand Vizier's Garden Party" on Pink Floyd's 1969 double album Ummagumma. Though in all fairness to the wonderful Nick Mason, I don't think he wanted to do it, so much as he was told everybody in the band would be contributing a solo cut to the second disc....

Popular Posts