I have bad timing

Got up late, looked outside. It was bright, sunny. Checked the temperature on the computer--cold; still: bright, sunny.

Decided if it was cold and sunny and I wanted to get out of the house for a bit, why not walk up the road and get a hot chocolate and read Hellboy: Darkness Calls before returning home to write (or at least stare at the computer screen before ALT-TABbing my way over to the Internet).

Showered, dressed, discovered clouds were rushing in and a high wind was picking up. One of the hawks that lives in the freightyard across the tracks across the street from my condo was hovering perfectly against the wind, levitating, occasionally beating its wings for two or three strokes to maintain position and then becoming still again. By the time I got the camera, it was gone; flew away, dove to catch whatever small animal was beneath it on the ground, who knows, but it wasn't there. The wind had obviously built strength, though, and I was wondering if I still wanted to bother walking up the street.

Made a Lean Cuisine pizza for lunch. Spinach and mushrooms, tasty for something frozen to bricklike toughness and later made chewable in three minutes by the magic of microwave radiation. The snow flurries were billowing past the window before the pizza had been removed from the microwave oven over the stove.

The temperature outside, in one of those things that seem ironic until you think about the physics, has increased by about ten degrees. But it's still cold and snowy and windy. Trying to decide whether I should go along with the plan, though the snow isn't coming down as heavily now as it was when I began this post.



Comments

Megan said…
And the plan is...to experiment with a new writing style?

Popular Posts