"What's the news, and where ya' been...?"

Inspired by a comment Vince made over on Facebook, here's David Gilmour performing one of my favorite Floyd songs on his 2006 solo tour, "Wot's... Uh, The Deal" (originally from Floyd's soundtrack forBarbet Schroeder's 1972 film, La Vallée, Obscured By Clouds):




Additional members of the band, for those interested in such things, are the late Richard Wright (Floyd's original keyboardist), former Roxy Music guitarist Phil Manzanera, longtime Pink Floyd/Roger Waters/David Gilmour keyboardist Jon Carin backing up Rick, the great Guy Pratt on bass, and a drummer I'm not otherwise familiar with named Steve DiStanislao. The "fifth Floyd," saxophonist Dick Parry, was on tour with them but doesn't join them on this song.

Some excellent lapsteel work there at the end from Gilmour, so if you didn't already watch, I hope you'll go back and click on the vid.




Comments

vince said…
Thanks for the video. I hadn't seen that, and Gilmour does an awesome job.

It's hard for me to pick a favorite Floyd album, although my tastes are close to yours - my favorites include Obscured, Wish You Were Here and Dark Side of the Moon (yeah, I know - but sudden spastic fame destroys a lot of artists sooner or later - at least the sudden spastic fame was deserved with this album.)

Some day I've gotta come visit. I bet we'd have a great time talking about and listening to music over good food and alcohol.
Eric said…
I think we would, indeed, Vince.

Popular Posts