"On Melancholy Hill"

Gorillaz, "On Melancholy Hill":





Comments

jamie said…
I had to go to YouTube to watch that (Vevo doesn't like Australia or something) but thanks for making me do it, I loved the animation, and the song is one of the Gorillaz songs I actually quite like. Also the steward guy at the beginning had the best lines on seeing the machine gun toting Noodle, fun times!
Eric said…
Both sorry and you're welcome, Jamie! It's terrible that the labels are playing around with licensing issues instead of letting the Internet be as open and universal as it ought to be (especially when what one is doing is less "appropriating their intellectual property" and more "here's some uncompensated advertising for a band I like because I don't have anything better to post right now"); I'm sort of iffy about using the Vevo posts for that reason, except they tend (unsurprisingly) to be better quality than whatever someone ripped themselves.

"On Melancholy Hill" really is a good song. And for those who are interested and don't know, it actually picks up a sort of storyline from the band's preceding single, "Stylo" and continues in the video for "Plastic Beach." Also fun: the "Melancholy Hill" video features animated cameos by folks who have collaborated with Gorillaz, e.g. De La Soul and Lou Reed--if you didn't catch that, you might watch it again, and a full cheat sheet can be found here.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed it!
Jeri said…
I quite liked the song too - but the video, the video was TRIPPY. Glad you provided some background. :)

Popular Posts