"Baby, please come home..."

One of my favorite Christmas songs has long been "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" (my favorite being The Pogues' "Fairytale Of New York," which I'm skipping on the blog this year 'coz everyone seems to be linking to it everywhere); could be, above everything else, that the original Darlene Love-Phil Spector-Wall-Of-Sound rendition is just so blow you out of your chair. Then again, there have been so many damn good covers, including this one by the Max Weinberg Seven and....

And... well who else do we have on stage with the MW7? Mr. and Mrs. Springsteen, obviously, and Little Steven Van Zandt, and Jon Bon Jovi, and Nils Lofgren, and someone in the comments at YouTube ID'd Southside Johnny and Gary U.S. Bonds (which I confirmed) and Jesse Malin (also appears to be a correct ID)... and that still leaves, what? A dozen more people on the stage?

It's like "Where's Waldo?" for New Jersey rockers or something. Feel free to tell me who else is up there, and I hope you dig the whole thing--especially Mighty Max's fusillade on the kit--as much as I do. "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)":




Comments

Phiala said…
I also passed on "Fairytale" for my holiday music series. Also passed on Bad Religion's "Joy to the World", though I thought about it pretty hard. I mean, is it really too over-the-top.

But my mom reads my blog, so I refrained. "Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis" did make the cut, though (Neko Case cover).

I like your choices too.

iraties: the likely comments if I did post JttW.

Popular Posts