Quote Of The Day

"I figured most people would say, 'Wow, I didn't know Insane Clown Posse could be deep like that.' But instead it's, 'ICP said a giraffe is a miracle. Ha ha ha! What a bunch of idiots.'" [Violent J] pauses, then adds defiantly, "A giraffe is a fucking miracle. It has a dinosaur-like neck. It's yellow. Yeah, technically an elephant is not a miracle. Technically. They've been here for hundreds of years…"

"Thousands," murmurs Shaggy.

-The members of Insane Clown Posse demonstrate
their grasp of natural history to Jon Ronson,
"Insane Clown Posse: And God created controversy,"
The Guardian, October 9th, 2010

Comments

jamie said…
I good I feel so much dumber after reading that, thanks Eric. Out of interest did you go looking for something on the ICP, or did you just happen to stumble across it? In any event, I have to go wash my brain out now
These are people who used to conduct amateur WWF wrestling matches in home made rings in their backyards.

You're surprised at this quote how exactly? :D
Eric said…
I didn't post it because it surprised me, John, I posted it because I laugh myself to tears every time I read it. The best part is Shaggy's "correction."

I recommend going to the link and reading the whole thing. Jon Ronson (yes, the same Jon Ronson who wrote The Men Who Stare At Goats) is so dryly appalled, like somebody watching a horrific car accident involving a pie truck and a bus full of mimes, but he merely allows Shaggy and Violent J to pretty much speak for themselves, occasionally throwing out the occasional, um, "helpful" question to keep them going.

In fact, I'm going to go re-read it yet again right now for a good laugh before bedtime.
Eric said…
(P.S. I sort of wonder if I should have posted the "gaseous forms of plutonium" quote, but, naaaaah. The above is about perfect.)
I dunno, half of comedy to me is surprise, I can't find this too suprising coming form these guys:

"But since then, scientists go, 'I've got an explanation for that.' It's like, fuck you! I like to believe it was something out of this world."

Then again, maybe I do find it funny. My whole life is a big fuck you to those guys. As it should be. ;-p

Popular Posts