Happy little penguin, happy little penguin, deep breath, happy little penguin...

I've often wondered if I should perhaps start offering up blogging tips to all of you out there who would possibly like to start blogging for yourselves or already blog and would like to improve your work. But where to begin? Where, where, where to begin?

Happily, Allison Kilkenny and Jamie Kilstein have provided this extraordinarily helpful film on how to be an effective political blogger:






Standing On The Shoulders Of Giant Midgets is not merely a political blog, covering pop culture and miscellaneous matters of interest to the proprietor, yours truly, in addition to what we veteran bloggers call the "political beat," but I can vouch for the fact that the writing techniques used by Ms. Kilkenny are also applicable to a number of other topics outside of politics and political culture. If, for instance, I wanted to review Katy Perry's new album or do a piece on Lucasfilm's announcement that the Special "Han Shot First And Here Are More Ewoks" Edition versions of the first Star Wars trilogy are coming to Blu-Ray, I would probably utilize several of the techniques so aptly demonstrated by Kilkenny. Similarly, I've made use of Kilkenny's research and writing strategy in approaching topics as varied as creation science and Dr. Laura Schlessinger. These techniques work, people, and you can make them work for you.

Remember, you're a happy little penguin. Happy little penguin.

Happy. Little. Penguin.

Following.

Your.

Dream.




(H/t Digby!)


Comments

Steve Buchheit said…
snerk. Okay, that's the way to start the day
TimBo said…
Thank you for giving us a glimpse of this very private and personal side of your life. Now I understand why so many of your postings reference likker.

How many innocent monkeys have you killed or disfigured to create your daily SOTSOGM offering?
Eric said…
I've lost count--there's this weird spatial rift in the space over the condo, next to the water heater, and it's full of monkeys. Whenever I need a post, I just reach in, grab a couple of monkeys and go to work with the old blogging knife....

You probably didn't really need to know that. Anyway, I'm pretty sure they're not endangered monkeys or rare or anything like that. Probably not. No, I don't know what kind of monkeys they are. They're just monkeys. From the magical hole in space next to the hot water heater. I don't even know if they're Earth monkeys. Monkeys. Hole; in space. That's my story. Sticking to it.
Nathan said…
Thank you for posting this. I'm sure it will prove helpful to me in the future. Imagine -- all this time, I've had a mere "blogging box cutter". Had I known that a knife was preferred, I'll bet I'd have gajillions more readers.
TimBo said…
Nathan, not just a knife a "chef's knife". These details matter.

Popular Posts