Good news: "Syd's Turn" has been accepted for Rigor Amortis!

Well, looks like we've been cleared for an earlier public announcement than expected.

Some of you may recall that back in June I wrote a piece of flash fiction and submitted it for an anthology of zombie erotica that was being put together by Jaym Gates and Erika Holt.

Well, I'm pleased to announce that "Syd's Turn," by yours truly, was accepted for publication and should be appearing in Rigor Amortis, to be published by the Canadian imprint Absolute XPress.

A few of you already know about this. It's pretty fucking momentous for me, actually. This is the first thing I've ever written that I've grown the cojones to submit for professional publication. I am intent that it not be the last.

I'll be posting updates as I get further news. Those of you with Twitter accounts can also follow announcements about Rigor Amortis here. And my thanks to everybody who's been really supportive of my attempts to assemble words here and there--a number of you can blame yourselves for this, since you're the ones who gave me the confidence to send "Syd's Turn" off after I wrote it, instead of pulling a whole shy Kafka thing and instructing my heirs to burn the hard drive after I shuffled off the mortal coil, etc. Thank you. I am actually about to be a published author, somehow. Seems a bit surreal, truth be told.

And, as they say: squeee!



Comments

Janiece said…
SO happy and proud for you, my friend!

Squee, indeed!
Carol Elaine said…
I think that calls for a big ol' w00t!

Can't say that I'm surprised. I can say that I'm proud, mon ami!
This is very cool. Congratulations. Now I know somebody who's been publushed!

cusarin = Russian Tzar zombie
David said…
Congratulations! May your road rise up to greet you.
HAPPY DANCE!!!!!

(I can do the virtual happy dance, even if not a physical one just yet)
Jeri said…
So very awesome, and so very well-deserved. I'm dancing the happy dance for you here on the opposite coast! Felicitations!
vince said…
Fantastic! I'm glad you submitted it, and I'm sure it's only the first of many.
Leanright said…
You are the best writer I've read. You deserve this.
Congrats. You're batting a 1.000 . You probably never will again. (grin)

Dr. Phil
Eric said…
Yep, the next step will be to start collecting rejection letters. :)

Unless... hm... you have a good point: I could retire undefeated! (Kidding!)
Kathy said…
A friend of mine who writes horror novels (and gets published!) once told me that he proudly pins his rejection slips to the bulletin board where he can see them. If you don't collect a few of those, you aren't trying. Not that I would know, because I haven't tried, which is why you are awesomer than me.
Eric said…
I think it's in On Writing that Stephen King talks about having a huge nail on his wall that he'd impale rejections on back in the day. Like you say, the one way to avoid getting them is to not try.
Leanright said…
A famous philosopher once said:

“Do or do not... there is no try.”

But he also said:

“Good relations with the Wookiees, I have.”

Remember these guiding principles.
Eric said…
To paraphrase a famous philosophical dialogue: it was once said that nobody cares about maintaining good relations with a droid, to which the wise man replied that a droid doesn't rip your arms off when it loses.

Setting aside the existence of Arakyd Industries' LR-203 Arm-Ripping Droid (public sale banned by the Empire 11 BBY, although dark rumors remain that Imperial Intelligence continued to deploy LR-203s for interrogation purposes), the point is well-taken. Desired, good relations with the Wookies are.
Anonymous said…
I am so proud of you!! This is just the beginning. I love you.

Mom
TimBo said…
Really? Mom posts as Anonymous?

Way to go! I'm sure it is the first of many awesome stories you'll publish. We'll be able to say "I read his blog before he got too famous to bother".
rbird said…
Woohoo!! That's so awesome!!

Popular Posts