A little love for my home state on a Saturday:

EDIT: Or for a Friday. Dagnabit. See, what happened is I pre-posted this a couple of days ago because I wasn't sure how the rest of the week would go and to get it off my to-do list. And then I miscounted the number of days and thought, hell, make it a Saturday post. Which it isn't. Which is ironic, actually, because this is better as a Friday post--after all, Nina Simone singing "I Got Life" ought to be a reminder that you've got it, too, and what a great thing to remind yourself of after a long week.

I'll go ahead and 'fess up that there's another post already in the pipe for tomorrow, with a charming-but-ghoulish little animated short, but it doesn't think it's firing on a Sunday.

And thanks to Vince for sending me a tweet about this, otherwise I would've noticed... I don't know... much later, probably.





A little home state pride on a Saturday, and why not? My North Carolina girl Eunice Waymon, a.k.a. Nina Simone, performing "Ain't Got No" / "I Got Life" from Hair. Give it up for the beautiful Ms. Nina, please:





Comments

vince said…
Sadly, it's only Friday. Although with everything I have to get done today, maybe it's a good thing it's not yet Saturday.

Popular Posts