Dear Republicans, teabaggers, pundits, and others whining about the healthcare bill:

Hey, I didn't want the House to pass that bill, either.

I wanted the one with a single-payer system.

But, y'know, like the man said--




--so shut the fuck up, already. You fought a long, protracted, dirty battle, and you lost. It happens. Hey, you can't lie and cheat your way out of everything.

And to Speaker Pelosi, President Obama, and the House Democrats: congratulations, good job, well-played, and thank you.



Sincerely,
Standing On The Shoulders Of Giant Midgets


Comments

Steve Buchheit said…
"congratulations, good job, well-played, and thank you."

Now fix the damn thing, get me my pre-existing condition waiver before 2014, oh, and that "single-payor" thingie...
Leanright said…
Yay! Pre-Existing Conditions! Does that mean I can get homeowners insurance AFTER it burns down? Just curious.
Eric said…
No, Dave, it means single-payer or the public option would have been better ideas, but they weren't on the table and if you're going to "solve" the problem of uninsured people needing medical care that needs to be paid for by requiring them to have health insurance, you're going to have to prevent insurance companies from striking them from the rolls.

Of course you could go the complete opposite direction: I can't get a Big Mac without paying for it first so why am I allowed to get lifesaving surgery without paying for it up front, cash-on-the-barrelhead? If I have insurance, naturally they're a business and need to conduct their business rationally--so in such a purely free-market scheme, naturally they'd be entitled to shop around. I mean, hey, why should they be required to pay the first hospital I'm wheeled into when there might be a better bargain on the other side of town, or elsewhere in the state?

See, Dave, you're not the only one who can make a stupid point stupidly!

Popular Posts