Corrections

And how often do I do that. Because I'm always right, even when I'm not, neener-neener.

No, but seriously....

Last week I had a bit of fun at the expense of the worst state in the country. Today, Slashdot has brought to my attention that apparently the reason the South Carolina anti-subversion statute is in the news is because it's a 1951 law that South Carolina is trying to repeal.

Awww. That's not nearly as much fun.

Still, I guess I should give credit where credit is due: repealing a sixty-year-old law is pretty progressive for South Carolina. I imagine that this bodes well for the state acknowledging the Apollo 11 moon landing in 2038. Go, South Carolina, go! You guys will be paleolithic in no time!

As for the shortage of new material--it's nearly 9:00 P.M. EST and I still don't have anything more to offer you fine folks except a correction to last week's entry--what can I say? I just haven't been inspired. I will try, try, try to do better. Or post some music or something if I can't. When I see if I actually install Ubuntu Netbook Remix on the laptop, there may (or may not) be an entry on that. (I was alright with the netbook running an old version of Ubuntu until I discovered I couldn't use Ubuntu One on it; I figured Ubuntu One might be useful from a writing POV since it would facilitate syncing up whatever I was working on. We'll see if that works for me.) UNR looks awesome, but a lot of people have had problems installing it on a Dell Mini10 (which is what I have) because of the Mini10's lackluster graphics processor. I'll let you know how it goes.

Comments

Popular Posts