If you haven't already...

Regular readers, I'm sure, know that I'm a bit reluctant to make money requests at Giant Midgets, so I'm a bit leery of doing this, however--

If you were interested in helping with Haitian relief efforts and able, and just haven't had the opportunity yet or weren't sure where to direct your attention, word is that Doctors Without Borders (Médecins Sans Frontières) is short of funds and staff in Haiti right now. DWB/MSF is one of my personal favorite charities, a secular organization focused on bringing assistance to regions in which war or disaster has severely damaged or destroyed medical infrastructure. (A history of the organization can be found here, at Wikipedia, if you're curious.) They're good people, doing good work.

Donations may be made, here, at DWB/MSF's website.

Thank you, and please forgive the solicitation. I'll try to come up with something about ninjas or Wookies or Wookie ninjas by the end of the weekend, if I can. (No promises!)


Comments

Unknown said…
Bravo Eric.....Great Post. And a wonderful organization.
Thanks Eric.

Speaking of wookies, did you see the bit by Carrie Fisher re the Star Wars Christmas Special?
Eric said…
This one? (If so, thank you--I looked for it because you mentioned it!)
Yup.

I loved the line, “I did the voiceover for some of the Star Wars discs or whatever and I made it a condition that he would give me the Star Wars Christmas special so that I could, you know, have something for parties … when I wanted everyone to leave.”
neurondoc said…
For a brief time in my life, I really wanted to work for this group. But you need to be physically fit to go to the places they go. And I am not. Plus "neurology" is not exactly one of the specialties they want. Now if I was a neurosurgeon, that'd be another story. And I'd be driving a way nicer car. :-)

I donated a chunk today. I had been debating which organization to donate money to and for some reason hadn't thought of DWB. Thanks for the reminder and the spur.

minter = just a little bit more minty
WendyB_09 said…
Thanks Eric. I suspect I know a couple of the docs affiliated with DWB who are going from the Atlanta area. I'll be donating before the weekend is out.

Popular Posts