Sunday; weather and work, coffee and tunes

I braved the cold and grey and rain to come up to the corner to see if I could (1) get out of the condo for a bit and (2) grapple with the short I'm writing and maybe write a letter to my aunt and read a thing a friend sent, a little children's story he'd done up and wanted me to look at. I'm glad I did. It's good to be out, and the grey's gone away and the sun's come out, remarkably enough, defying the expectation of the meteorologists I'd consulted who seemed to be agreeing it was going to be rainy all day. (Suck it, Weather.com!)

I've done the letter, looked over the file my friend sent, and now I'm listening to The Decemberists, chugging coffee from a travel mug I bought to replace the one that died charging a cement doorstep earlier this week (that's a clever way of saying I shouldn't have put it on a slanted surface while picking up a package outside the front door--I suppose I shouldn't blame the victim). Now I'm grappling with the short--I have a bit of slightly crappy writing and I need to get around to the editing, but I'm having a tough time deciding between the Hollywood ending and the more, I dunno, existential ending. Grapple, grapple, grapple. I suspect the Hollywood ending is more satisfying but also more fake, but the more, for want of a better word, existential ending is one that feels like it sort of cheats the reader by building up to a, "oh, and then nothing happened, see ya'." So, y'know... grapple, grapple, grapple.

And that's my Sunday thus far. Hope y'all are having a good Sunday and all that.

Comments

Popular Posts