Sunday filler

I bought several digital downloads from Amazon yesterday, one of them an ELO album I have on vinyl but haven't listened to in a while--Out Of The Blue. An album with so many hooks it just feels decadent somehow, like a guilty pleasure. I'd really forgotten just how damn smooth this sort of silly but unstoppable record is.

I'd also forgotten, until I dug up your YouTube clip for the day, that Electric Light Orchestra was the first, possibly only band in music history to be made up entirely of Ewoks.

Pure, silky, pop perfection: Electric Light Orchestra, "Sweet Talkin' Woman":





Comments

I think Dan Folgelberg and his back-up band were ewoks, too. :D
Keith Wilson said…
Ah, memories. ELO was the first album I ever got for Christmas - Eldorado. My parents had no idea about 'modern' music and bought that for me in the record store saying to the clerk - "what would you recommend for a 12 year old boy". I still have it 29 years later.
Thanks Eric, now I have to download a shitload of ELO.

Popular Posts