The State Of The Eric

(A new picture of my wrist that looks a lot like the last
picture I took of my wrist. But there's improvement, trust me.)


Good news! It's a suppository!

No, wait, sorry. Channeling Farnsworth again. Happens sometime.

Good news! I'm officially done with visiting OrthoCarolina and with PT, having been discharged today by Dr. Perlik.

Dr. Perlik was great and so were the physical therapists, so it's nothing personal. But it's nice, damn nice, to be done with that phase of things. I mean, okay, caveat here, it'll never be entirely done because I'm sure this thing (my wrist, I mean) will continue to ache on rainy days and all that horseshit. But the chapter of my life involving orthopedic visits, surgeries, getting up early some mornings to go in and throw a little ball up and down or whatever--that chapter is closed, huzzah!

And we won't forget: it absolutely could have been worse.

So, y'know, one more bit o' business to resolve, and maybe the whole wreck portion of life will be over and done with for reals. (No, that's not a typo. That was a misbegotten attempt to sound, I dunno, "street" or something. I'll try to make sure it doesn't happen again.)

Anyway, it was good news (and not a suppository!) and I wanted to share (mainly for the benefit of people who don't follow me on Twitter, since I tweeted this a couple of hours ago). And that's where we are. Carry on.

Comments

WendyB_09 said…
YAAAAYY!! Congratulations on your progress.

Did they recommend any continuing maintenance exercises? To maintain flexibility and all that?
Eric said…
Sort of kind of--the last PT appointment last week, they didn't really direct me but I think we had an understanding that I'd keep on stretching, at least occasionally. I think if it had been my left hand there would have been more than a suggestion, but my right is my dominant hand so there's some stretching and strengthening just through ordinary use.
So how long before you're throwing 97 mph fastballs, a la Dennis Quaid in The Rookie?

(ducks)

Hey, that wasn't even CLOSE to 97 mph. You sure you're better?

Dr. Phil
Ilya said…
An almost-mended "street" Eric... Scary!

Popular Posts