A take a breath and try not to thumb your own eyes out kind of post

How bad is it? I try to do a writing exercise this afternoon and close the notebook thirty seconds in. I finally open up a document I'd been, you know, actually working on, and I look at the last sentence I write--and it's an innocuous enough sentence, mind you--and I close OpenOffice in disgust. Fuck.

Half of it, three-quarters of it is this fucking broken wing sucking the life out of me. Bitch, bitch, bitch--it could be so much worse.

Dammit.

I even had Sigur Rós and Amiina in the playlist, which is usually good writing music for me. Didn't help. So I'm going to listen to the rest of Kurr and go find dinner, and maybe that will make me less pissy. This made me a little less pissy--for this post, I managed to find Amiina (Sigur Rós' "sister band"--they've backed up and opened for Sigur Rós on various albums/tours) playing "Seoul" live, and it made me smile. So, here, and g'night:




Comments

You'd look funny with no eyes.

Plus, you'd never get to see us in our trollopy goodness. And you wouldn't want that, would you?
So TAKE! these broken WINGS! and learn to FLY AGAIN! learn to LIVE so FREE!

You're welcome.
neurondoc said…
Michelle, I will have to bleach out my ears now. I don't like that song. And as for the trollopy goodness -- I agree with Michelle. We are worth seeing, yes we are.
Kathy said…
That's lovely, Eric. Thanks!

I'm impressed that you even get as far as opening the file to start writing. Some of us only think about it.
Jeri said…
Dude, I *love* Sigur Ros, so I'm looking forward to listening to Amlina. Perfect writing music. (As is Dream Theater, for other stuff in other moods)
(runs in)

(paints a big red circle in the grass)

(hands Eric golf club)

CALVINBALL!

Popular Posts