Separated at birth?

You be the judge.

The titular antagonist of the 1953 "alternative classic" Robot Monster:



A bear cub from Wisconsin that somehow managed to get his entire head stuck in a bird feeder sometime around Memorial Day weekend:



Am I the only one seeing some uncanny prophecy-come-true at work? Like the brilliant psychic, Criswell, famously said, "Future events such as these will affect you in the future!" I, for one, hail our new ursine-space-helmeted-cyborg masters. (Sure, I'm kissing a little ass here--screw you, I want to be in on the ground floor for once!)



(Photo of hapless, pathetic-but-adorable baby bear ©2009 Department Of Natural Resources / AP)

Comments

neurondoc said…
You know, this is mildly scary.
Jim Wright said…
You need to cut back on the pain meds, Eric.
Eric said…
Seriously, for a moment: I'm not taking any. I haven't filled the prescriptions I've been taking, been doing without.

This is just basically how I am....

:-D
Jim Wright said…
Ok, I stand corrected, start taking the pain meds, start taking the pain meds...
Eric said…
Tryin' to avoid that, Jim. Tryin' to avoid it. Hasn't been easy, though. Although there's a Catch-22: while I'm not sure going back to work has been a good idea (I'm inclined to think it's been a bad one, but whatever), I wouldn't be going if I was on Percocet.

Anyway, my "residual self image" largely involves biting the leather bit and asking for a pint of hootch. Which, objectively speaking, is probably stupid, but whatever....
Anyway, my "residual self image" largely involves biting the leather bit


(snicker)
Jeri said…
You have a leather bit? ::perks up::

And some jobs... not pointing any fingers... might be more tolerable with a percocet or two. In my case, though, the stuff makes me puke, so I'm an involuntary no-pain-drugs kinda gal.
WendyB_09 said…
to hell with the leather bit, pass the hooch!!

WendyB_09

Popular Posts