Neverwednesday Nights

My very favorite Wilco song is also possibly Jeff Tweedy's very saddest lyric. "Via Chicago"--a song about a man disintegrating, trying to hold himself together and failing--starts with the harrowing lines,

I dreamed about killing you again last night
And it felt alright by me


...and only gets darker on its way to its desperate last verse, while the music gets increasingly chaotic, the song's lyrical turmoil spilling into the melody and arrangement.

This is a live version from Barcelona, and while the Spanish subtitles are a minor distraction, the sound quality is worth it (at least until the unfortunately-clipped end). The original version can be found on Summerteeth, arguably the band's best offering to date.








Comments

Leanright said…
Welcome Back! A toast to your health!
Eric said…
Thank you, but 'fraid not--this was pre-posted for my usual gamenight and I was too busy and crippled to delay it. (Even sadder, those I usually game with were/are in same strait.)

:-(

But I continue to thank you and everyone for the well-wishes and support, Dave. It's meant a lot, seriously, and thank you.

Popular Posts