It's a good thing Jesse Ventura isn't President

I covered Guantanamo and a few other subjects.

And I'm very disturbed about it.

I'm bothered over Guantanamo because it seems we've created our own Hanoi Hilton. We can live with that? I have a problem.

I will criticize President Obama on this level; it's a good thing I'm not president because I would prosecute every person that was involved in that torture. I would prosecute the people that did it. I would prosecute the people that ordered it. Because torture is against the law.

-Jesse Ventura, appearing on Larry King Live,
Monday, May 11th, 2009


Y'know, the lovable thing about the former Governor of Minnesota is that while he's kinda batshit crazy, he's also made of win and always has been.

More Ventura, same interview--Ventura describes his experience being waterboarded at SERE (Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape training) when he was a Navy SEAL:

It's drowning. It gives you the complete sensation that you are drowning. It is no good, because you--I'll put it to you this way, you give me a waterboard, Dick Cheney and one hour, and I'll have him confess to the Sharon Tate murders.


Mr. Ventura, shine on, you crazy, bald bastard, you--you really are the man.


(H/T yet again to Glenn Greenwald's Salon blog for the info and the transcript!)

Comments

Why is there an evil part of me that would pay money to watch Jesse Ventura waterboard Dick Cheney?

I've always liked Jesse when he's right about a serious subject. (grin)

Dr. Phil
Carol Elaine said…
Dr. Phil, if that's evil, then call me evil, 'cause I'd love to see that too.

Popular Posts