This is a just a test...

...if this were a real post, I'd actually say something a little more... something.


No, see, here's what's going on: I'm in the process of installing Ubuntu, remember? And getting things to work. And one of the things I'm trying out here is a blogging widget for the upper taskbar in GNOME. And that's where I'm typing this now.


Will it prove to be worth the trouble? No idea.


Incidentally, for those who might be interested in such things: DigiKam prompted me to go for a bastardized system. I'm running Ubuntu with GNOME, but I've installed the KDE libraries after all so that I can use DigiKam and Amarok and a smattering of other useful KDE apps, including KStars which is more fun than anything else.


It's a kind of neurotic thing on my part that I would have rather stayed native, using nothing but GNOME apps on a GNOME system. It just seems wrong somehow to have KDE installed and basically not to be using it. But, you know, DigiKam just rocks the socks off of F-Spot, it just does. F-Spot may get there someday, it's a younger program and I wish them well. But DigiKam is pretty damn pro by comparison.


Now if I could just get the DigiKam "open with" menu to work with GIMP when right-clicking on an NEF file....


Alright, let's see what happens when I hit "post entry."



Comments

Eric said…
...and what happens, is it posts, but it put the title in the body (I edited that, and while I was at it I added the tags).

Hmm. Otherwise, the formatting was okay. So this may be a useful doohickey to have, we'll see.
Anonymous said…
Around here we keep the gnomes in the garden.
But I don't see the post or any of these comments!

;)

Popular Posts