My name is Prawo Jazdy

An amusing story has surfaced concerning one Prawo Jazdy, the worst driver in Ireland.

Prawo Jazdy has been pulled over countless times, ticketed countless times. He has given dozens of addresses. A master of disguise, he (and probably sometimes she) has convinced police officers in Ireland that he was young, old, various heights and weights. All to evade justice for traffic offenses committed across the length and breadth of Ireland. And every time he has been caught, Jazdy has slipped into the mass of Poles, who it seems make up one of Ireland's largest immigrant groups.

Only....

Only it seems that one astute Irish officer finally noticed an interesting thing about Mr. Jazdy's name. It would seem that Mr. Jazdy's name, translated from his native Polish into English, means "driver's license."

Oh.

Ohhhh.

Oops.

Comments

Ha ha ha ha ha!

I once came back from Japan on business, having reserved a rented car. I forgot my driver's license.

D'oh.

I convinced the poor clerk that my Gaikokujin Toroku Shomeisho (Alien Registration Card, my Japanese Green Card, if you will) was my Japanese driver's license.

If I'd have gotten pulled over, I would have been screwed, though.
Oh, yes, "Prawo" means "right" or "license" in pretty much all the Slavic languages.
Anonymous said…
After years and years of people ridiculing the Polish, it has now come to the realization that it was really the Irish the whole time.

Hey, wait...I'VE got some Irish Blood in me! Shit.

Popular Posts