My indie rock debut

I have mixed feelings about internet memes; i.e., they're really dumb, except for the totally cool ones.

This is one of the totally cool ones.

Via The Onion AV Club, which in turn is borrowing from Buzzfeed, we have the following awesomtacular meme:

New meme: here's a totally random way to make your new random band's new random album cover. Post one! Go to “Wikipedia.” Hit "random" and the first article you get is the name of your band. Then go to "Random Quotations" and the last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album. Then, go to Flickr and click on "Explore the Last Seven Days" and the third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.


(Like the AV Club's Keith Phipps, I'm including the links to the relevant pages in the quote--so you have no excuse for not playing at home, even if you don't take the obvious step of actually making your mock up album cover in the image editor of your choice!)

And so, ladies and germs, behold the debut release of my new band, RegisterStartupScript, And Sorrows With One:



(Photo credit: "steadier footing" by "Sarah Is," ©2009 "Sarah Is"; I do hope she'll forgive this use of her image for the purposes of the meme, and please check out her photoset on Flickr--she does very nice work and I'm a little jealous.)

Anyway, that's my indie rock debut, due in stores Febnovtober 32nd someyear. Now go make your own!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love that album cover, Eric.

I'm quite proud of the one I did last January.
Jim Wright said…
Man, I hope the music is as good as the cover - if this band doesn't exist, it should.


Now, off to make my own.
Eric said…
Carol Elaine's is indeed awesome and should be visited. And she scooped The Onion. And she got a cooler band name than I did. :-)

Popular Posts