Credit where credit's due

I'm not a big fan of Christopher Hitchens, who has spent waaaay too much time lately as an apologist for the neo-cons who got us into Iraq for him to have much credibility with me (even when he's espousing things I'm inclined to agree with, as he's occasionally done with regard to religion).

However, it appears that Mr. Hitchens (on his way to a bar, inevitably) was recently beaten up in Syria--by Nazis after he pissed them off by writing "No, no, Fuck You" on their shitty little recruitment poster. And apparently, to Hitchens' credit, he wrote on their ugly little hate flier after being warned that the Syrian Nazis don't mess around.

I don't know if this counts as ballsiness or stupidity or starting earlier than usual that morning, or some wacky combination thereof, but I approve and must give Mr. Hitchens credit. Good job, Hitch.

Now if you'd just 'fess up that you were almost completely wrong about Iraq, I think I could find my way around to liking you.


Comments

Popular Posts