How the University of Pennsylvania helped cause Judgment Day:





So, apparently nobody at the University of Pennsylvania has seen either one of the Terminator movies1, because some gang of geniuses up there have invented a self-repairing robot that can reassemble itself once a human has prudently kicked it into little pieces before it can become sentient and learn how to operate a phased plasma rifle. Well... sort of... aside from that tendency to fall apart shortly after reassembly. But it's only a matter of time before that little glitch is worked out, and then it's, "Goodbye, humanity, hello, robot apocalypse!"

Nice going, science dudes! We're totally fucked now! My greatest consolation is that the first thing they'll probably remember when they become self-aware is the way you people kept kicking them into little pieces all the time.

(Thanks to Boing Boing for bringing this clip to my attention!)



1I know exactly what I wrote. There were two Terminator movies, just like there were two Alien movies and two Godfather movies. I can count perfectly well, thank you very much.



Comments

Janiece said…
I, for one, welcome our new robot overlords.

Popular Posts