A helluva picture of a helluva crowd

(Satellite image courtesy of GeoEye.)

Comments

MWT said…
Ooo... neato. :)


Heh, GeoEye is the corp in charge of one of the satellites that I get data from for work. Though I'm usually looking at their ocean-related images, not their land ones.
Anonymous said…
That's just amazing. It's a good thing there were no crowd-related injuries or structural collapses - it was very cool to see a sea of humanity as far as the cameras could show it.

It looked awfully cold though - my couch was much warmer and I had a great view. ;)
Tania said…
Oh, the remote sensing geek just had a moment. A very personal moment.

That is so cool.
mattw said…
That's an incredible image.

I bet for as cold as they were saying it was yesterday there was probably a good amount of ambient body heat for most of the crowd that kept them comfortable. Either way, I'm sure it was worth it.
Anonymous said…
I saw an interesting note on another blog that you might possibly grow into a full grown post, if you wanted to:

http://hereticalideas.com/blog/?p=5444
Eric said…
Thanks for the tip, Jeri.

I read the Slate piece as well.

Was I the only person who noticed that Chief Justice Roberts and President Obama threw in a gratuitous "so help me God" at the end of the oath? Between that and the little dance over when to say "faithfully," I wonder how long it will be before the "show-us-the-birth-certificate" gang of losers tries to file a lawsuit claiming that Obama wasn't actually sworn in as President and therefore has been acting illegally since Wednesday morning?
Anonymous said…
My news feed announced that Pres Obama and Chief Justice Roberts did a do-over on the oath tonight in front of a small group of reporters - and got it right. So much for the conspiracy nuts, at least on that front.

Popular Posts