Friday night cat movie blogging thing

It's Friday, which is a cat-blogging day for many people, and often a movie night for me, and the National Film Board of Canada has just made their archives available online....

Hm....

What a good excuse to combine all of the above... you know what that means, right? Oh come on! You have to!

It means Cordell Barker's 1988 Oscar-nominated, international award-winning short, "The Cat Came Back," is what it means. And if you didn't know that, you're in for a treat. Or, if you already had that figured out, you already know you can't see this one too many times.

Happy Friday, everyone!




Comments

Tania said…
That was cute, and funny, and that is one obnoxious kitty.
kimby said…
Love this piece...and "The cat came back" was one of my kids favourite childhood songs......(walks away whistling "the Cat came back, the very next day.....")
Anne C. said…
Tania's right. Thank goodness Da Boyz aren't like that cat.

My favorite "Cat Came Back" renditions is, of course, the one on the Muppet Show, sung by Rowlf. Aside from the boy and the cat, all the characters are dogs. Coincidence? I think not. ;)
Ilya said…
Now I'm going to have trouble getting the song out of my head...
mattw said…
The *grumble grumble* video wouldn't load for me stupid *grumble grumble* work network. But that is a fun song either way. Maybe it will help me with my current earworm problems. :)

Popular Posts