Be kind, please litter

A Missouri neo-Nazi group has adopted a stretch of Highway 160. Of course, they have an absolute right to do this: the right to free speech means that sometimes we have to tolerate the speech of ignorant shitheads.

Am I a bad person, however, if I suggest that Highway 160, just outside of Springfield, Missouri, might be a perfect place for anyone taking a roadtrip to suddenly realize they need to clean the car or take a roadside dump? Yes? No? Depends on whether a State Trooper is driving by at the moment?

The ancient insult about having never seen garbage pick up garbage before is hereby acknowledged as apt, despite not being more clever now that it was whenever it was first trotted out.

Actually, I think these folks should be encouraged to follow Hitler's example: specifically by going into hiding in their basements and poisoning their girlfriends and shooting themselves. Fuel prices being what they are, I'd probably be willing to pony up a gallon of gasoline for any neo-Nazi wanting to go whole hog by having his corpse burned beyond recognition in a hole in his backyard afterwards.

Comments

MWT said…
Maybe it's because I've never been personally, directly harmed by a neo-Nazi group. But I find it hard to hate a group of people for their beliefs, whatever they are, as long as they aren't actually trying to hurt anyone. If they're rising to Obama's call to take productive action to make the world a better place, more power to them.
Janiece said…
I just have to keep telling myself how very much I love the 1st Amendment.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.
Wow, Eric. That was far more venomous than I would have expected from you.

They're not going to get good PR from this, or get anyone to join their cause. But better they clean streets than resort to the sorts of tactics you'd find in most volumes of Hellboy.
Anonymous said…
I think Highway 160 sounds like a GREAT place to relieve myself on a roadtrip across the US.

Sound infantile and disgusting, but then again, so are the Neo-Nazis.

That's me exercising MY first amendment rights!
Anonymous said…
I actually don't advocate littering, because that sucks for the environment.

But Leanright's onto something here. Human excrement and urine are biodegradable, so that would be an acceptable form of protest against neo-Nazi's.

(Chanting with Janiece: First Amendment is good, First Amendment is good...)
Anonymous said…
Years ago, my in-laws, whom are from Korea, owned a pizza place in Huntington Beach, CA. A skinhead came in and ordered a pizza from my brother-in-law. The naive swastika-donning imbecil, noticing Chuck's asian features stated "The only good jap is a dead jap".

As a Korean, Chuck poked back with: "I couldn't agree more."

Hope he enjoyed the pizza.

Popular Posts