Five photos, volume VIII









Blue Ridge Parkway, November 7, 2008

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey! I think I see the Entwives!
Ilya said…
I'm still hypnotized by the previous set. Have mercy!

My own "natural vistas" shots rarely come out as good as the bottom picture, so a healthy doze of envy here as well.

I'm afraid I'm becoming borderline sycophantic in thanking you for every set, but thanks for these nonetheless! :)
Eric said…
Michelle, I'll have to go back through the photo set to figure out where exactly along the Parkway these shots were taken (and my elevation where available), but the segment of Parkway isn't terribly far from Mount Mitchell.

So, no, those aren't foothills, m'dear. :-)
Eric said…
But if there had been snow, I wouldn't have been driving the Parkway with the convertible top down taking pictures of the early fall trees and foliage....

I'm still hoping we'll see some snow down in the Piedmont. Not sure what the mountains are getting by way of snow right now, but it doesn't seem to be much.

But, you know, we're in that part of the world where we have distinct day and night, so we sort of take snow when we get it.

______________

Oh, and Ilya: glad you're enjoying the shots!
MWT said…
Nice scenery! :)

Do you just stop at the side of the road every 20 minutes?
Eric said…
I tell you, it's so beautiful up there MWT, it's hard to force yourself not to stop at every single overlook up there (not to mention a few little picturesque turn-offs where there isn't an overlook or a posted "do not park" sign). So, yeah, there were a lot of stops that were 20 minutes or less apart.

Popular Posts