Five photos, volume III

For today's entry, more photographs from Appalachian State, November 6, 2008. One twist: I thought it would be interesting as I was looking at one of them to crop to 2.35:1 aspect ratio--a widescreen anamorphic format (sort of--it gets complicated, and yes, I could have and maybe should have cropped to 2.39:1 instead, sue me).

I thought the results were interesting. Kind of gives an idea of what the campus might look like in a feature film. Hope you like them, too.








Comments

Anonymous said…
Would there be any "sniping" from the clocktower in this feature film?
I really like that first picture.

Gorgeous!
Eric said…
Leanright: I think the campus in the morning light has more of a With Honors vibe, or maybe The Paper Chase.

So, "no."

Although I have considered doing a version of that first photo in a kind of blown-out black-and-white to try to give it the kind of look you might see in a '50s or early-'60s thriller--something where there are "papers" and subversive commie sleeper agents involved.

Still "no," although Frankenheimer's The Manchurian Candidate has that kind of black-and-white look and a sniper.

Of course, if I made the black-and-white grainy enough, maybe it would have the look of a '50s B-movie. So you could have flying saucers or a weird meteor... except that movie probably would have been shot full-frame (4:3).

Oh well.
Anonymous said…
I like the lighting on all of those - but especially on the bell shot.

(photographic shot)
Ilya said…
Bell is my favorite as well, but they all look very cool!

Popular Posts