Sunday

Sunday, and I'm still a little busy. I need to make a trip out to the supermarket and get some kibble for myself for the week--well, not exactly kibble, more like stuff for lunch at work, milk, little things like that. And I'm thinking of pulling into the used bookstore across the street from the supermarket and looking at what they have in term of... well, I don't want to say much, because it might jinx things, but see what they have that might be useful during NaNoWriMo, which starts next weekend.

There are some things I want to get up here, but I'm not sure they'll happen today. There's a post I have percolating about an archaeological find that I found touching, and there's ongoing series that are lying semi-abandoned at the moment, and I may have some photos I'd like to put up at some point though I haven't had the time to take too many pictures lately. I'm sure there's something happening in the world I could say something snarky about.

For anyone wondering about yesterday's business: my cousin's wedding was lovely and my buddy's showing was awesome. I probably have a lot less to say about the wedding simply because my opinion of marriage generally has plummeted over the years, but my cousin's a wonderful woman and her new husband seems like a really cool guy, so best to them. As for the second Charlotte showing of "Antibody" (which I worked on) and the first Charlotte screening of "Altar" (which I didn't, though Nate gave me and a few other people credit for sitting through "shitty rough cuts"), the crowd seemed to react appropriately to both movies, the picture and sound were awesome, I'm pleased with the way both films turned out, and Nate's work stood out above nearly all of the shorts that were shown last night--there were maybe three others among the dozen that were featured last night that were as good. And then there was sort of an afterparty that was more of a late dinner that was a helluva lotta fun, and I left around 1:00 a.m. because I'm an old wuss. All-in-all, a good Saturday.

And this is Sunday's post. If it bored you (and it might have), go read this adorable story about a dog that saved a bunch of kittens from a fire in Australia.

Have a good rest of your weekend, wherever you are!


Comments

Popular Posts