But in Technology Heaven, boys and girls, Betamax will now have company...

JVC, the last company still manufacturing stand-alone VCRs, has announced that it won't anymore.

If you still have a videotape library and your existing machine breaks, you'll still be able to get a VCR that also plays DVDs. And eventually, you won't be able to get those, either. And sometime after that, you'll only see videotapes in attics and Goodwill stores, next to 8-track tapes and quad records.

I could muse ponderously over how quickly technological obsolescence is hitting these days, how this is another technology that not only came of age during my lifetime, but died during my lifetime just like floppy disks and tape drives. Instead, I will leave you with an animated short that will soon make no sense because it's based on a movie that will soon make no sense that was a remake of another movie that will make no sense that was based on a (pretty good) book that will soon make no sense. So, uhm... enjoy the senselessness. I guess.






Comments

kimby said…
I love the Bunnies! Sometimes they are better than the actual movie (Titanic).

Popular Posts