My weekend, redux

More photographs I took this weekend (this was originally intended to post at 7 a.m., but I can't hold it in any longer, and it is now Monday where I am...):














I spent most of the weekend hanging out on the set of Antibody, a short film my friend Nate is making to enter in a local film contest George Romero will be judging in September. Per the rules and title of the contest ("The American Zombie Horror Film Contest"), Antibody is a movie involving zombies. One of whom, the one in the third photograph from the top in the above array, managed to stave off his lust for human flesh long enough to cowrite the script (he was also the subject of the "meth mouth" photo: that was a close-up taken during a makeup test Friday night; think of it as "death mouth" if you'd like...).

Nate gave me permission to document the shoot. When I wasn't painting, acting as a production assistant, or serving as an impromptu grip, I had the privilege of being the film's documentarian. I snapped several hundred pics, some of which are actually in focus.

I feel a compulsion to mention that the last photograph in the series was serendipity, not setup: the clapper happened to be left lying on top of a copy of the script and the shotlist as I was passing by between takes, and all I had to do was point my camera down, frame it, focus it, and click. You just gotta love it when that happens.

More images may follow over the next few weeks as I go through the files....

(Meth mouth... heh... the makeup guys done good.... :-) )

Comments

Nathan said…
Ahhh. Now yesterday's pix make sense.

I still like the idea that they were pix documenting police brutality, though. Except police are allowed to brutalize zombies all they want.

It's a law!
I was starting to wonder if you'd gone a little crazy, given your penchant for privacy that nearly equals my own - by posting work-related pix.
Eric said…
It's safe to assume that I won't be posting work-related pics. That seems like a good way to get into a bit of trouble with the Bar or with my boss, or maybe even with a judge.

Plus, any work-related pics just aren't nearly as fun as, say for instance, photos of a deteriorating medical lab with a zombie chained to a wall for crude experiments.... :-D
That's what I thought. So I started making up scnearios - you were helping documenting things for a friend who was getting a restraining order, or you were helping a private investigator collect evidence in a divorce case.

But nothing I came up with made sense in publication on the Net.

Hence my worries for your sanity. :D
I'd actually guessed a LARP.

Hence my obnoxious comment.
Eric said…
I didn't take it as obnoxious at all. In a way, you were closer than some of the other guesses: the fellow's teeth were died, he was playing a role, and there was live action.

That said, LARPing? Ewwww-- Real gamers play pnp.

;-)
Tania said…
Egads, that looks like fun. Hmm. Now that I'm done with school I should start working with the local theatre people again, I miss doing makeup. Especially wound makeup, building everything up with wax and latex and whatever else the pros were recommending. Wax and latex usually did the job for anything I was working on.
Well, obnoxious in that I showed absolutely no concern for your safety, how about that?

And it's been so long since I've done any roll-playing, I'm lucky I was able to dredge LARP out of my memory!
Jim Wright said…
Methhead zombies?

but then that's redundant.

"Oh my aching braiiiiiiins!
vince said…
I think working a short film is way cool. I'm actually envious. I do community theater on and off and enjoy it, but I've never done any film work. It looks like a lot of fun.

Popular Posts