How the hell does she breathe?!?



I'm speechless. I think I may have friends whose children weigh less than "Princess Chunk". Has anyone checked to see if someone in the neighborhood is missing a dachshund? What was she eating? And how in the name of fuck-all do you lose almost fifty pounds of cat? (Or maybe they didn't: you ever had a cat try to sit on your head? Yeah. There's a dead crazy cat lady in Camden County who suffocated in bed. Or whatever's left of her after "PC" got tired of pushing her food bowl around.)

That's just... just... wow.




On an almost completely unrelated note (well, I guess this clip is also about a ginormous cat, so there's that), here's a Today show clip about the guys who lost their cat on purpose, in a manner of speaking, but weren't forgotten. You may have seen the referenced clip on YouTube--I didn't find out about it until this week, myself. Anyway, I was looking for an excuse to put this up, so why not do it here? Their cat was supposed to weigh a lot.




I can't help noticing that the Elf-cat is similarly aggressively affectionate when he's missed me. I remember seeing a nature program ten or fifteen years ago that noted that one of the remarkable things about cats in general is that there are fewer variations between species behavior-wise than there are in size, color, etc.--i.e. a pack of feral domestic cats behaves more or less the same way a pride of lions does, or a leopard pack.

Anyway, that was the claim. Make of it what you will.

Comments

Jim Wright said…
Good Gravy! That's is one enormous cat. Combined, the two evil fuzzy bastards who live in my house don't weight that much (and if I had my way, they'd weigh even less, because I wouldn't feed them). Maybe nobody claimed her because she ate her previous owner...
Shawn Powers said…
I hadn't heard the lion story -- it's really a great one, but the amazing part is that the lion managed to acclimate to the wild at all.

And to recognize and cuddle with the previous owners? Wow.

But the lioness coming over? That's pretty close to unbelievable.
Shawn Powers said…
I actually know a person with a 39 pound cat. It has to lay down to eat, and drags its belly while walking. It's very affectionate though. :)
Anonymous said…
Poor Princess Chunk. I bet all the other cats at the shelter make fun of her, too. :P
Eric said…
Poor Princess Chunk. I bet all the other cats at the shelter make fun of her, too. :P

...And then she eats them.

:-D

Popular Posts