Of low down dirty dogs...

I'm glad I'm not representing this douchebag:




Comments

Janiece said…
So what do you do when you have to defend a douchebag?
Jim Wright said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jim Wright said…
Are you kidding me?

Instead of a snow cone machine, the kids need to invest in a security system, say a big dog and a bat.

I couldn't do your job, Eric, I really really couldn't.

-----------------

Typos fixed and reposted. I really need to drink at least two cups of coffee before commenting. No, really.
Eric said…
I'm pretty sure this guy will be taking a plea.

As you might expect, the office I work in represents quite a few unsavory folks. You do what you need to do, and often resort to MASH-tent humor when you're back in the office, some of which would probably offend just about any unprepared listener. And then there's the fact that even the douchiest person usually has a momma who loves him and a story to tell. I kid about not wanting to stand next to the guy who knocked over a lemonade stand, but I've probably represented worse.

Of course one of the things I think is funny about this is that the one little kid chased the loser down and pretty much had him holed up until the cops showed up. So, not only is he a loser for robbing a lemonade stand, but he got busted by a little girl. I imagine he's not saying much to his cellmates.

Y'know, Jim, you raise a good point, and I regret that I don't have some of Scalzi's more conservative readers: I'd love for somebody to post, in apparent seriousness, that the kids should buy a gun. If they'd been properly armed, none of this would have happened....
Nathan said…
I kept waiting for that to be revealed as an SNL skit.
Jim Wright said…
Well, I mostly meant that as hyperbole. Mostly.

As to the MASH tent humor back in the bullpen - well, yeah, that's what keeps you sane. You should hear some of the smoke break humor that passes around the military, some of the situations we ended up in were pretty grim indeed and graveyard humor in a lot of cases was just about the only way to cope. But, seriously, it was not something you wanted the embedded reporters to overhear.

Popular Posts